Saturday, July 14, 2012

You Amaze Me

I have had the SU! set Eventful for many years, but had never used the rabbit image before. I'm sure we all have stamps that have never seen ink. Well, I thought it was high time to give it some love and see what I could make with it. This is what I came up with!

I had a rough sketch in mind so I started by die cutting the two Vintage Labels from Smokey Shadow and Whisper White card stock. On the white layer, I stamped the rabbit image in Onyx black and then went in with an aqua painter to color in the hat.

(click for larger image)

 I wanted the rabbit to stand out more, he was getting a bit lost without any color, so I outlined him with a Copic C2 marker. That created a nice shadow which gave him some definition. The stars have a little bit of sparkle thanks to a Sakura glitter pen. I also stamped the dotted frame in Real Red.

The hat band gave me the idea to use the double ended banner die behind the focal point. The red banners echo the hat band. The white mat layer was a bit plain on its own so I impressed it with the Linen & Canvas impression plate.

I hope you enjoyed today's card! Thanks for stopping by!

SUPPLIES
Stamps: Eventful (SU!), Vintage Labels (PTI)
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red (SU!), Smokey Shadow (PTI)
Ink: Real Red (SU!), Onyx Black (Versa Fine)
Tools: Double Ended Banner die,  Linen & Canvas impression plate (PTI), Vintage Label die (Nestabilities), C2 Copic, aqua painter, Sakura glitter pen

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Very cute. I like the shadow around the bunny. By the way I saw a bunny yesterday on the road near our house :-)